This document refers to personal data, which is defined as information concerning any living person (a natural person who hereafter will be called the Data Subject) that is not already in the public domain.
The General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) seeks to protect and enhance the rights of data subjects. These rights cover the safeguarding of personal data, protection against the unlawful processing of personal data and the unrestricted movement of personal data within the EU. It should be noted that GDPR does not apply to information already in the public domain.
PECL LLP is pleased to provide the following Privacy Notice:
PECL LLP uses the information collected from you to provide quotations, make telephone contact, arrange deliveries of products to your address, to otherwise conclude a sale/contract with you and to email you marketing information which PECL LLP believes may be of interest to you and your business. In you making initial contact you consent to PECL LLP maintaining a marketing dialogue with you until you either opt out (which you can do at any stage) or we decide to desist in promoting our services. PECL LLP also acts on behalf of its clients in the capacity of data processor. When working exclusively as a data processor, PECL LLP will be acting on the instruction of its client, and will work hard to ensure that the client is fully GDPR compliant.
Some personal data may be collected about you from information you provide to us directly (in store, online or by telephone), from forms and surveys you complete, from records of our correspondence and phone calls and details of your visits to our website, including but not limited to personally identifying information like Internet Protocol (IP) addresses. PECL LLP may from time to time use such information to identify its visitors. PECL LLP may also collect statistics about the behavior of visitors to its website.
Any information PECL LLP holds about you and your business encompasses all the details we hold about you and any sales transactions including any third-party information we have obtained about you from public sources and our own suppliers such as credit referencing agencies.
Legal basis for processing any personal data
The basis on which we process your personal data is one or more of the following:
• It is necessary for the performance of our contract with you
• It is necessary for us to comply with a legal obligation
• It is in our legitimate interests to do so (including for the promotion of our services)
• You have consented to us doing so (You can withdraw consent at any time by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or writing to us, see last section for full contact details)
PECL LLP may on occasions pass your Personal Information to third parties exclusively to process work on its behalf. PECL LLP requires these parties to agree to process this information based on our instructions and requirements consistent with this Privacy Notice and GDPR.
PECL LLP do not broker or pass on information gained from you without your consent. However, PECL LLP may disclose your Personal Information to meet legal obligations, regulations or valid governmental request. PECL LLP may also enforce its Terms and Conditions, including investigating potential violations of its Terms and Conditions to detect, prevent or mitigate fraud or security or technical issues; or to protect against imminent harm to the rights, property or safety of PECL LLP and/or the wider community.
PECL LLP will process personal data during the duration of any contract and will continue to store only the personal data needed for six years after the contract has expired to meet any legal obligations. After six years any personal data not needed will be deleted.
Your rights as a data subject
At any point whilst PECL LLP is in possession of or processing your personal data, all data subjects have the following rights:
• Right of access – you have the right to request a copy of the information that we hold about you.
• Right of rectification – you have a right to correct data that we hold about you that is inaccurate or incomplete.
• Right to be forgotten – in certain circumstances you can ask for the data we hold about you to be erased from our records.
• Right to restriction of processing – where certain conditions apply you have a right to restrict the processing.
• Right of portability – you have the right to have the data we hold about you transferred to another organisation.
• Right to object – you have the right to object to certain types of processing such as direct marketing.
• Right to object to automated processing, including profiling – you also have the right not to be subject to the legal effects of automated processing or profiling.
In the event that PECL LLP refuses your request under rights of access, we will provide you with a reason as to why, which you have the right to legally challenge.
PECL LLP at your request can confirm what information it holds about you and how it is processed
To access what personal data is held, identification will be required PECL LLP will accept the following forms of ID when information on your personal data is requested: a copy of your national ID card, driving licence, passport, birth certificate and a utility bill not older than three months. A minimum of one piece of photographic ID listed above and a supporting document is required. If PECL LLP is dissatisfied with the quality, further information may be sought before personal data can be released.
All requests should be made to email@example.com or by phoning 020 8503 4314 or writing to us at the address further below.
In the event that you wish to make a complaint about how your personal data is being processed by PECL LLP
The contacts details are:
PECL LLP, attention of the Directors
362-364 High St North, Manor Park, London, E12 6PH, UK
Telephone 020 803 4314 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
If your complaint remains unresolved then you can contact the Information Commissioner's Office, details available at www.ico.org.uk.